About Me

London, London, United Kingdom
I am helpping converse with a project. I will be blogging from the 7th June - 19th June 2012

Followers

RSS

Task 6




                                                           BLOCK PARTY


Today converse set me another task. I had a look at the BLOCK PARTY and it looked amazing. The artists were great, the music was great and the atmosphere itself looked really good. I can see me and my mates going there. I was really suprsised to see converse doing this as i felt it was completly different from anything i had ever seen before. Converse are really stepping it up. They no longer want to be known as a design of trainer but as an event aswell. I know that BLOCK PARTY will get massive simply because of the artists and the unique theme of the whole underground thing. The main things that appealed to me were the music. I like and listen to rap a lot Clement Marfo went to my school and i have listened to most of his songs and really enjoy them. Also the rap battles I am currently subscribed to DONT FLOP. DONT FLOP are one of the main youtube channels that do rap battles there is a video below. I love seeing to MC's going head to head i know that the rap battles would get everyone in a good mood because they are so funny and they get everyone involved. I have never heard of this event before and i feel that i should of because this is something that interests me. I feel that any money spent on advertisement would be money well spent as people need to know about this. This is not something i would expect Converse to do as i would expect a sort of field event with bands. I say this because Converse has always been highly associated with bands and not really rappers so this is good because it gives Converse a new image. Also i noticed that the artists were wearing and advertising converse. This is good because people are always copying the style of well-known people.

The Converse Channel


When i went onto the Converse youtube channel i was suprised to see so many subscribers. I started watching some videos. I really liked the Rubber Tracks. I found them really entertaining when i started this task i said to myself "watch about 4 vids then write about it". I actually ended up watching about 10 vids. I was surprised that i had never heard of this channel or these Rubber Tracks as they were really good. I liked the styles of music that were shown. I didn't expect to see the Rubber Tracks as it isn't something i would of thought converse would do. The skateboarding videos were what i would expect Converse to do as Converse are highly associated with skateboarding. I found the skateboarding videos really entertaining as they are so good at what they do. Some of the tricks they do i find so good. The skateboarding gets Converse's name out there as people go to see it and think that if the skateboarders are using Converse then im going to use Converse.

So overall i think converse is doing great. These events and videos look really good but i feel converse need to advertise them more.

Video will be up very soon.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment