About Me

London, London, United Kingdom
I am helpping converse with a project. I will be blogging from the 7th June - 19th June 2012

Followers

RSS

Task 7

What do you think of these videos?


I found these videos really interesting as they are all about skateboarding and i find skateboarding really cool.
It was also good to see the skaters advertising converse trainers by wearing them and also the skaters were signing autographs at the knew vans store.
I was shocked at how many videos they had. All the videos were really well edited and in HD!
I liked the music that they used in the videos as well.
They had so many different types of places that they were filming and people were skating in. They were skateboarding in pools, shopping centres,vans skate parks  and more.
I liked the competitions they were doing and how they had short minute adverts for them on there Youtube.
One of my favourite videos was the Pool Party and Visualizing the Line. This is because it shows how much work and thinking goes into skateboarding. It also shows how seriously skateboarding is taken. You get to see some cool tricks and grinds as well.
I think these videos are made really well you can tell a lot of hard work goes into it. They try and make every video as good as they possibly can. I couldn't believe they had 650 Videos.
I feel this videos in general were all the same. I felt that Vans were trying to stress the point that they are the best shoe company for skating and that they are so highly linked with skateboarding. I feel so could of done some other videos that mixed it up a bit. Although I didn't watch all 650 videos i did get the idea after watching about 15 videos that it was all about skating. Which is good but not all of there customers are in to skateboarding. I have loads of friends that wear Vans but couldn't care less about skateboarding itself so i feel they need to try another angle for there other customers. People also wan't to see the vans shoes themselves. You don't get to see the shoes that often in the videos. If you were watching the videos so that you could copy what your favourite skater was wearing, you wouldn't be able to because they don't show you the shoes for more than about 1.5 seconds. They should do videos where they talk to you about the shoes.

My Favourite Video


What Do They Tell You About Vans?

They tell me that Vans work very hard to put together these events. They show me that they spend a lot of money. They show me that Vans are definitely trying to be the number one skating brand out there as every video I watched had skating in it. I feel that Vans have done really well to get there brand so widely known. They had videos in so many different countries including China and Australia. Vans used to be a small brand that only a few of my mates shopped at, but now everyone knows about Vans and there trainers so i feel Vans have done very well. I can see that Vans are trying to promote themselves as mush as they can. On one of the videos i watched there was Vans logo and stickers all around the skate park. It was impossible not to notice. I can tell that Vans only have one target audience, and that is obviously skateboarders. They need to try and attract a wider audience or people are going to loose interests. They only seem to be doing skateboarding events i feel they should push for more.

Are they what you expected vans to do? 


These videos are completely what I would expect Vans to do. Anything to do with Vans you ammidietly think of skateboarding. I remember when i used to play skateboarding games Vans was mentioned a lot so yes these videos ae what i would expect. The music was also what i would expect as it was rough, edgy band music which is always common with skating. I expected them to maybe have a wider range of videos as they were all very similar.

How does this compare to the converse videos?

These videos don't compare to the Converse videos as I feel Converse had much more diverse videos. They were targeting a much bigger audience. The converse channel seems to be doing better than the Vans channel as Converse get more Views. I feel that converse are giving more information about the company and how the company is improving, what they are planning on doing etc.. I felt with the Vans website unless you liked skateboarding, there wasn't a lot there for you. Converse had music and almost everyone in the world likes music. So this would get them more views. Converse have the Rubber Tracks, the skateboarding, the music events and Vans only have the skateboarding. Also the BLOCK PARTY is an amazing idea that converse are doing where as Vans are just doing the same stuff.

Vans Website


What do you think of the latest video on the website?


I found the video extremely boring and didn't see what it had to do with Vans. I am not a fan of art. I didn't see the point in it. I felt it was completely different to the other videos. I couldn't work out what they were trying to achieve with these video or who they were targeting. I found the music boring as well it wasn't the type of music Vans usually use in their videos. I felt this was a bad video to make considering the type of audience Vans are trying to attract. I also felt it was very random and it almost didn't belong on the Vans website. It gave no information  about the company or their shoes. I just didn't get it.

What does it tell you about Vans?


It tells me that Vans are trying something knew. Even though im not to sure what that is. I feel that they are trying to link Vans and skateboarding to Art and freedom. Showing that there are no limits on what you can do.

Is it what you expected Vans to do?


No this is not what I expected Vans to do as they have always linked themselves with skateboarding. I feel they are trying something knew and it could be a great success but could also fail. I expected something that was all about skateboarding not Art.



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment